Thursday, June 30, 2011

The love of my life


I wanted to take a moment and talk about my lovely wife. She is, after all, carrying TWO of my children inside of her. Karyn is the love of my life and I'm so proud of her. She's doing well so far. She's about 9 weeks into this journey. There has been a little bit of sickness at night. The doctor gave her Phenergren at first but that made her feel hungover every morning. She was able to sleep at night though. The nurse that we saw the following week switched her over to another kind that doesn't make her drowsy. She's had a hard time sleeping; so naturally, I have too. The other night, Isaiah stayed with my mom so he could go to a bounce house with them. I decided that I was going to sleep in his bed. I did and other than my feet hanging off the bed and into his toy box, it was nice. It gave us both more room. I think all those married couples in the 50's & 60's were on to something.

Karyn has already started showing. It's precious. It really makes it real when you can feel the changes in her body. I'm sure she would say "You have no idea!". Her skin has started stretching and it's been bothering her a little bit. She's been applying that cocoa butter trying to make the expansion easier. It would appear that there will be a lot of that expansion stuff. Which now brings me to her breast. Naturally, that's one thing that's strikingly noticeable. They are a great cause of discomfort for her. Since she now can't lay on her belly, she was enjoying laying on her side. Now she can't. Eventually we may just have to duct tape her to the wall for her to sleep at night. A sturdy wall.

She may kill me for telling the world all of this information. If she remembers to. The other morning she said "I have to pick up some trash bags today." Just moments later she followed with, "What did I say I need to pick up?" It's been like that with a lot of stuff. She seems to be suffering from "baby brain". I'm not saying she has a baby's brain. Not at all. I've just heard that some pregnant women become forgetful. I guess with so much going on, it's understandable. There may also be a medical term for it but I'm not sure. She has a Blackberry so she makes notes. I just wonder if she forgets about them.

I won't go into the constant need to pee, her gas, the moodiness, or the napping like a newborn. I would like to live to see my twins. Kidding aside, she is my rock. She's doing an incredible job. She is an intelligent, beautiful, funny, precious angel. I'm so lucky to have her and so are the kids. She's such a great wife and mother. What else can I say?

(p.s. Her gas is awful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment