Friday, July 22, 2011

Wish you were here!


I love vacations. Not just because I don't have to work. I love spending time with family. We couldn't really afford to splurge on a trip to the beach this year. Not with you two on the way. We made the best of what we have right here at home. We live in what I believe to be the best part of the country. Right at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We have fished, hiked, camped, and been swimming almost every day. I taught your big brother Isaiah to swim under water. Your other big brother sure enjoyed camping. The fish count this week has been Me: 2, Jay: 6, and Isaiah: 1. Mommy won't fish. She says it's because she's a girl. I know that if one or both of you are girls, you will want to fish with Daddy. We'll have so much fun.

Mommy had to work this week. She doesn't get as much time off as I do. She's saving up her time for when you're born. I'm so proud of her. She works so hard. Not just at her job but here at home. She's the glue in our family. I've really enjoyed getting to wear a t-shirt and shorts this week. I wear a tie and dress pants when I need to or have to but I'm more of a jeans and baseball cap kind of guy. Wearing them right now.

Since your Mom and I have been together, we've taken trips all over. One place we haven't been together to yet is Disney World. I have been 4 times and your brothers have both been. Mommy hasn't yet. We'll have to wait until you're here to even think about going now. So don't worry. I know how much you'll love it there. All kids do. You really have to grow a little bit to appreciate it. By the time you can read this, it'll be about the right time to go. I'm already looking forward to it.

There have been moments of stress this week. I'm not going to lie. On the camping trip with me and Jay, we forgot pillows, a pan for breakfast, and a flashlight. We were fine though. Isaiah didn't really care for the hike back from Laurel Falls but he made it. I'm really sore from everything but I'll live. I like to live with a sense of adventure. I like to do what I've never done. I like to go where I haven't been. I hope you will be the same way. You can do this and stay grounded. Remember your roots. Sometimes your biggest adventures can be within a day's drive. Get out and explore.

Daddy loves you and will never take a vacation from that. I'm patiently waiting for you guys to get here. I'm golfing tomorrow. Church on Sunday. Back to work on Monday. Not too much longer and we'll know if we're having sons, daughters, or one of each! Regardless though, we'll have fun. We'll get our hands dirty. We'll explore. We'll laugh. We'll cry. We'll play. Most importantly, we'll do it together. A family. I can't promise not to forget the pillows ever again. But I will say, Isaiah's life jacket wrapped in an Elmo towel worked just fine. At least I wasn't in a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment