Thursday, September 15, 2011

Audrey Lynn & Bailey Kaye

Twin A & Twin B now have names! Audrey Lynn & Bailey Kaye. A & B. Fitting, we think. I know I had talked so much about Caroline but how could I name only one of my princesses that? We thought since they're twins and these names end in "ey", it would be perfect. We both love these names and agree that this is the right choice. We may never agree on two other names. The middle names are after mine and Karyn's moms. Laura Lynn & Janis Kaye. After all, we wouldn't be here today without our moms. I can't even begin to tell you how much my mom has meant to me. I will try though.



When I was a baby, I was sick a lot. I had tubes in my ears, my tonsils removed, and diagnosed with epilepsy (I outgrew it). There were a lot of nights when my mom would sit up all night with me and comfort her crying baby boy. She worked two jobs at times to support us after her and my dad divorced. She did her best to keep me out of trouble and when she failed, she was there by my side until I was back on track. When I've been at my lowest points, one thing has been constant. "Mommy". She instilled in me this love of kids and family. I wouldn't be the man I am today without that woman in my life. When myself, my brother, or my sister had friends visit our home, they all called my mom, mom. She's given birth to three kids and has adopted three more. She is what I've modeled my parenting after. She's a wonderful Christian woman and her prayers mean the world to me. I'm blessed and honored to have one of my daughters named after her.


I want to tell you about Karyn's mom but instead, I'll let her tell you what she's meant to her. I'm proud of the woman my wife is and I know a lot of it comes from "Mother".



********************************************************************************



*Note from Karyn*



My mom was always our glue. I don't know how else to explain it. My dad was in the ministry and always had an extra job or two, and with 4 growing kids at home, my mom had a lot to keep up with. Yet she would never let you see it. When the ministry called my dad elsewhere, she packed up everything and followed him without a second thought or complaint. We didn't have annual vacations or expensive clothes but my mom was the one who taught us those THINGS aren't what matters; and showed us what did. God, then family, then others. I never felt like I did without. She did what it took to keep us in line and made sacrifices so we wouldn't go without. She taught me the importance of being a lady, showing respect, and biting your tongue. She's the strongest woman I know.. she's our glue. Now our daughter will share her name.


*********************************************************************************


So that part of our journey is done. On to the next part. In four short months (or less), we'll be preparing to welcome Audrey and Bailey into the world. We can't wait. We have a lot to accomplish before they get here so we better get going. Thank you for your continued prayers and love.

1 comment: